Journal of Virological Sciences (JVS) is a peer reviewed scientific journal published 2 times a year by eJManager (eJM) “http://www.ejmanager.com/”. It is primarily targeted towards the publication of results of authentic research in the sphere of Virology Sciences. Manuscripts for publication must be submitted in English, not exceeding 3000 words, with an English abstract ranging between 300 to 500 words. Each manuscript should be accompanied by a statement from the author (s), that the contents have neither been published, nor are under publication elsewhere Authors are personally responsible for statements made or views expressed in their manuscripts. A serial number assigned to each new manuscript accompanies the acknowledgement of its receipt to the author designated as correspondent. Reference to this number should always be taken into consideration, in all future correspondence concerning each submitted manuscript. Every manuscript is sent to two specialized refers. The author would then revise his paper in accordance with the suggestions of the refers. Proofs should be returned to the Editor-In-Chief within 10 days of receiving them. Cooperation of authors on prompt handling of the galley proof will be greatly appreciated. After final acceptance, the paper will be published in due course, according to the original date of its receipt, unless revisions necessitate unavoidable delay.
Guidelines to scientific writing and data presentation:
1. Scientific writing should meet accepted standards of grammar, syntax, and diction. JOURNAL OF VIROLOGICAL SCIENCES does not have a Staff to rewrite manuscripts. Therefore, contributors must conform to the accepted standards of English style and usage at the time they are submitted. Writing should be in simple declarative sentences.
2. The complete scientific microbial, botanical and animal name (genus, species, and authority for binomials) as well as name of the virus as example (potato y potyvirus or Human Papilloma Virus) of all experimental microorganisms, plants and animals, should be included under material and Methods and Abstract.
3. Only widely used abbreviations should be employed. Standard chemical symbols may
be used without definition if your article uses several abbreviated forms, it is requested to
define them where the first abbreviated word is introduced please use metric system only.
In title Abstract and key words do not use abbreviations, because they are frequently
translated into foreign languages .
4. The text should include (as separated sections):
ABSTRACT, BACKGROUND, MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS, DISCUSION, AND REFERNCES.
5. Proper placement of main readings, paragraph headings and subheadings should be
6. Double or triple space VERYTHING including tables, legends references, and
footnotes. Begin ping one third of the way down the first age leave liberal side margins
the approximate locating of the figures and tables in the text should be indicated in one
7. In REFERENCES, write the authors name followed by the year. The title of the cited
article should start a new line, and should appear exactly as it does in the first page of the
article, or the title page of the book the title is followed by the abbreviated name of the
periodical except for one word names, then volume and pages of serial in English
numerals. Unpublished data personal communications, and articles in preparation, are not
accepted as references, but should be referred to parenthetically in the text Articles that
are in press (accepted finally for publishing) may be so designated in the References the
journal in which an 'in press' article will appear should be included in the references.
Citation are listed alphabetically by authors and are referred to in the text by author (s)
name followed by the year.
8. TABLES should appear as near as possible to the place where they are referred to in
the text. Number tables consecutively in roman or Arabic numerals and place the authors
name on the back of each page. Tables should have legends which make their general
meaning comprehensible without reference to the text . Conditions specific to a particular
experiment should be stated Number of columns must be reduced to the minimum and
column headings made as short as possible.
9. Authors are requested to use either tables or figures if one would give the same
information. All figures must be in the JPEG format and must be inline with the text
but not arranged in a table.
10. Although the Editor determines the final printed size of an illustration, the author
should plan for maximum reduction. Graphs should be traced in Black on a separate
sheet. Legends and captions should be typed separately from the illustration.
Guidelines to Web Submission Form:
- First and Last names of all of the authors should be given completely
- Emails of all authors should be written completely
- Affiliations of all authors should be written completely
- Summary should be structured (Background, Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusion) as separated sections.
Guidelines to Submitted Files :
- Author names should be deleted from manuscript file.
- Organisation/Affiliation of authors should be deleted from manuscript file.
- Summary should be structured (Background, Aim, Methods, results, conclusion) as separated sections.
- Summary should be included in manuscript file.
- Title of manuscript should be included in manuscript file.
- References through text, should be corrected according to instructions for authors.
- References section at the end of the article, should be corrected according to instructions for authors.
- Tables should be corrected according to instructions for authors.
- Graphs and figures should be corrected according to instructions for authors.
Guidelines to manuscript processing:
- Files sent for revision should be revised by author and respond to the reviewer within 15 days otherwise the status of the file will be changed to be on hold. If the author didn't reply within the next 15 days after holding, the manuscript will be retracted and the author will have to submit the paper again as a completely new submission